Dermat recommended tips on how to choose the right face wash
Everyone dreams of clear and glowing skin. But how many of us are genetically blessed with what we desire? Very few. This is where skincare and supplementing tips come into play. While probably you are using a face wash as your first/second step in a typical skincare routine, is it the right one for you? Read on to find out!
Know your skin type:
You know how they say, a good beginning is half battle won? So is the case with skincare. Whether you follow a full-fledged 10-step Korean skincare routine or do nothing more than a CTM, if you don’t choose the right face wash according to skin type, everything else will be a sheer waste of your time, money, and effort,
Though skin types are broadly classified into dry, oily, combination and sensitive, there are several mutations of the same. And no one dermatologist recommended face wash in India is a perfect fit for every type. So, to find face wash according to skin type, start by cleansing your face. DO NOT follow up with any moisturizing product. After 1 hour or so,
- If your entire face is oily – Oily Skin Type
- If your face feels dry & stretched out – Dry Skin Type
- If only the nose & T-zone is oily – Combination Skin Type
- If no change – Normal Skin Type
- If red/itchy with exaggerated texture – Sensitive Skin Type
Comprehend texture, ingredient list of face wash for different skin types:
How many times have you purchased a face wash whose packaging claimed it was for your skin type but turned out a total fail for you? If your answer is ‘many times’, you are not alone. Certainly, there is no fool-proof way to know what will work for your skin. But understanding texture and ingredients can come in handy.
For instance, the best face wash for oily skin should balance the skin’s natural oil production. Something like our CLOVE AND TEA TREE OIL ACNE FIGHT FACEWASH. It is a dermatologist recommended face wash for oily skin, would keep the oiliness at bay, help cleanse the pores minus drying out excessively. Even if you are looking for best face wash for oily skin and acne, thanks to the anti-inflammatory tea tree oil as its key ingredient, it makes a great pick-me-up.
Likewise, a good face wash for dry skin must be rich in texture and loaded with moisturizing ingredients like rice water. And our best-selling, lightweight yet highly hydrating RICE WATER FOAMING FACEWASH is a god-sent best face wash for dry skin. When carting face wash for dry sensitive skin, avoid drying ingredients like certain types of alcohol, and salicylic/glycolic acid. When it comes to best face wash for combination skin in india the choices are really limited. A wise choice would be opting for a pH balanced facewash like our TANGERINE ORANGE FACEWASH FOR BRIGHTENING that cleanses as well as brightens your skin!
The seasonal switch:
One of the biggest skincare sins is not changing it as per the season. For instance, your skin could be dry in winters but oily or combination in summers. So, if you keep using the face wash for dry skin even after a seasonal change, your skin will be prone to clogged pores and breakouts. But if you switch to a face wash for oily/combination skin, you’ll be at your best glowing self! Long story short - Assess skin changes every season and then switch to a face wash for your altered skin type.
Dermatologist recommended tips on how to use a face wash:
All best face wash dermatologist recommended are formulated to get the skin rid of dirt, excessive sebum, and bacteria. But the right cleansing technique goes a long way.
- A facewash should always be your first/second step of the skincare regimen. First – if skin is free from any additional layers like makeup or sunscreen. If you have any such products on, cleansing balm/oil first, face wash next.
- Use a facewash as per your skin type no more than twice per day. If your skin still feels oily, try washing with plain water or switch to a dermatologist recommended face wash for oily skin in India.
- Rub a pea-sized product into enough lather and then gently massage your face for a minimum of 30-seconds. NEVER scrub your face too hard while washing.
- Do not forget to apply toner (https://www.budsandberries.in/collections/facial-mist-toner)/moisturizer/treatment/ SPF or all of them depending on your AM/PM routine!